Simply means getting your website ranked higher in your local search results. Pull out your phone and search for your product or service.
**Don’t search for your business name.**
If you’re a plumber… Search “Plumber Near Me"
If you show up on the 1st page you probably don’t need this service. Just keep focusing on getting positive reviews.
Want to outrank your competition? Click the button.
For large cities and highly competitive markets being the first page can be highly profitable.
Here’s what Local SEO entails…
- Claim / Create and optimize your business listing on Google (“Google My Business")
- Making sure all online business listings are current and have the same info. Update as necessary.
- Get & increase online reviews
- Adding some code markup to your website to show Google what is most important to your local customers. (Advanced and only necessary in highly competitive markets.)
We hope telling you how to do it yourself will make you like us. So yeah, the rest of the page is about that!
This can be frustrating and yes it does take time, important things to consider… Are you getting sales and calls from Google at your current position?
If yes, be patient, if you have followed what we talked about. You will rank higher with time. Sometimes 6-8 weeks in very competitive markets.
If no, you may need to do some competitive analysis on how people are finding your competition. They may have better on-page SEO than your site. In which case you may need to add some popular keywords to your landing page. Only add a few at a time so you can tell which is making the biggest impact.
I recommend using a free tool called Spyfu to search what keywords your competition is ranking for.
Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum investigationes demonstraverunt.
This can happen for many different reasons here are my top 3 things to check.
- Was there a Google update? (May need some extra work to comply with their new standards.)
- Was there a change in the website? (Find out what happened and what needs to be added in with the new version.)
- Check Google Webmaster Tools to see a report of what happened. (If it wasn’t a change internally, time to do some competitive analysis!)
Competitive analysis is doing research on your competition to find out what keywords they are ranking on and what they’re doing content-wise to rank those keywords.
I suggest using a free tool call Spyfu.