What you can expect:
- Gig includes up to 5 “jobs” per month — which can be new page builds, content updates, graphic design work, plugin research and installation, etc — pretty much any change that can be done in under an hour *** note this does not include the content ***
- Weekly whole website backups
- One – two business days turnaround time
- Daily database backups
- Will restore site if needed
- Website security implemented and maintained
- Plugins kept up to date
- Theme kept up to date
- On-page SEO optimization — if you have jobs available we may optimize pages for you, especially focused on page speed
- Uptime monitoring
What we need from you:
- Your business name and URL
- Your WordPress username and password
- Hosting provider username and password
- Is hosting included with this service?
No, not at this time.
- What if a plugin or theme is no longer supported by the developer?
You can use a job to find a replacement for the plugin or the theme. Note that a full theme migration might use up all of your jobs for the month.
No, any content you want updated or added to your site must be provided by you.
- Does “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx” count as a “job”?
A “job” is a specific change or request that you describe in detail. “Make the site look nicer” is not a job. “Design a new header image that looks like xxxx, yyyy, and zzzz” is a job. “Design a new look for the page and make it live on the site” is TWO jobs. If in doubt, ask – we’re happy to discuss.
- Can I make changes to a job once submitted?
No, if you make a change to the content or scope of the job it will require a new one. However, design work and changes include one revision – so if there is something you’d like to tweak about the changes that is fine.
- Can I submit all five jobs at once and have them done right away?
No, the gig is built for five jobs per month. We cannot guarantee delivery with a short turnaround time. You can certainly prioritize the order jobs are completed in, but this service should not be purchased if you are planning on using it for a redesign. This is meant for ongoing management, security, backups, and updates, not website refreshes. There is another gig for that.
It’s pretty simple, after you purchase you will receive a brief questionnaire. Here you will provide all the info your geek will need and they’ll be in touch to let you know they’re getting started. Done and done.
- Can I use this for my WordPress build or redesign?
No, this service is only for maintenance updates or minor page additions. Please see our other listings for WordPress builds.