Christian Business, What Does it Look like
How does God feel about profit? Should I feel guilty for my passion for business???
The Mastermind Vision for me is a search to find balance between God’s plan and Profit
My name is Cody Tucker evangelical Christian/Business man living in Kearney, Nebraska. I’ve struggled with understanding how as a Christian man, I can make plans in business. How should we act in business and what is the right way to make plans?
(2013 Lubbock, TX.) Myself as a temporary shop worker didn’t have big plans. I would show up early and stay late and do the things no one else wanted to do. In pump assembly I learned quickly, two weeks in, all the spray guns were broken in the paint shop. Since I’ve worked with paint guns before, I fixed all of them without having to buy parts. So they put me in charge of the paint shop. When we waited for pumps to be built, I would help the other departments to stay busy. Shipping needed the most help so I spent a lot of time there. Eventually, a position opened up, so I took over Shipping and Receiving. Then pretty soon the perfect man for the job came along, I trained him and he took over. They needed me in the warehouse.
These were some of the real world examples of building a solid career, let’s look at some scriptures on the Subject of Work to see how God wants us to build one.
- Whatever you do, work at it with all of your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. (Colossians 3:23)
- May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands. (Psalm 90:17)
- Do not take advantage of a hired worker who is poor and needy, whether that worker is a fellow Israelite or a foreigner residing in one of your towns. (Deuteronomy 24:14)
- Those who work their land will have abundant food, but those who chase fantasies have no sense. (Proverbs 12:11)
This tells us a few things:
- We are supposed to be eager in our works, it’s not only people of Earth we’re working for. It’s Jesus, imagine finishing up a project and running back to the King to tell him. (Colossians 3:23)
- It’s the work of our hands (Psalm 90:17) Our talents and passions are God given
- God here wants us to take care of our workers (Deuteronomy 24:14) This also tells us, it’s OK to have a big business, it’s good for a Christian to have workers so you can treat people like Christ would.
- (Proverbs 12:11) Tells us we need to plan something out properly how can you tell if something is futile if you don’t plan it out to the finish.
I loved every minute of my corporate job, and this is where the planning started. I wanted to be the CEO, I wanted to not struggle ever again in life. I wanted the big house, the perfect life, I didn’t want to need anyone again.
This is the wrong kind of planning, we fall into this when we compare ourselves to others. God wants us to do good works to bring Him glory. He wants us to talk to him about our plans, we’re partners with Christ in the family business.
Please join me again soon as we continue this study
Follow The Mastermind Vision on FB to stay in the loop with us